CHANGE PCP in SOONERCARE
All providers at Bright Future Pediatrics are accepting SoonerCare Patients.
Do I need to let SoonerCare know I am seeking care at Bright Future Pediatrics before my child's well or first visit?
Yes, It is important that you call SoonerCare and let them know you want to make Bright Future Pediatrics or child or children's PCP. This ensures you do not have to pay for a visit not covered by SoonerCare and allows us to properly coordinate your child's care with specialists and other partners in your child's health care plan.
If you do not do this before your appointment you may have additional out of network costs or not be fully covered for your visit.
How do I change my PCP or Primary Care Provider to Bright Future Pediatrics with SoonerCare or my Insurance Plan?
It is important that you CALL Sooner Care BEFORE you arrive to your appointment and change us to your provider.
Pro Parent Tip:
Before you call make sure you are prepared and have at least 10-15 minutes to complete this process. Write down your child or children's member numbers or social security number and date of birth and have it ready to view easily to key it into the phone when you receive the prompt to do so.
1. Call the SoonerCare Helpline at 800-987-7767
2. Select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish
3. Select 1 (because you are a current member)
4. Select 1 to enter the member number. Select 2 to enter Social and date of birth.
5. Enter your Childs information then a #.
6. Enter your Childs Date of Birth (example: 03122004 for 03/12/2004)
7. Select 3 then Select 8 to change address all other sooner care questions to talk to a person.
8. Give the Operator your Childs member or social security number
9. Tell the operator you would like to change your Childs PCP to:
Bright Future Pediatrics
10. Confirm that the provider has been changed and is Bright Future Pediatrics located at 817 S. Elm Place Broken Arrow, OK 74012.
11. Verify that your address is updated and current in the SoonerCare system. (If you do not update your insurance they may discontinue your covers
12. If you have your Log in information go to your SoonerCare portal and verify it has been changed.
Please print your Childs SoonerCare membership card and Bring copy of it to
your child's first appointment. If you cannot print it that is ok.
Please note: if you login to your sooner care portal and change the PCP it may take several days to go into effect. It is important that you call and do this BEFORE your appointment so it goes into effect immediately.